Conflicts of Interest
ICAPS is committed to the utmost integrity in its activities and recognizes the critical need to identify and avoid conflicts of interest.
Accordingly, all ICAPS members must disclose any such conflicts of interest and these are reported below. Members are asked to update, if needed, such disclosure at least annually and at the time of each ICAPS activity or request for review or input. Members are recused from specific ICAPS activities for which they have relevant conflicts.
Members specifically disclose the existence of, or plans for, financial interests or positions of responsibility in entities providing goods or services relating to the practice of procedural sedation, including employment, consulting, paid lectures, membership in speakers’ bureaus, gifts, favors, or other support, but excluding normal reimbursement for their personal provision of medical or dental care. Additionally, they disclose any other interest that a reasonable third party might regard as a conflict with either ICAPS or with its mission and objectives.
ICAPS maintains a conflict of interest subcommittee that oversees the administration of this policy.
Member conflicts are as follows:
- Anthony Absalom: The Medicines Company – sponsored research, consultancy fees; Orion – consultancy fee; Carefusion – unrestricted research grant; Drager – unrestricted research grant; Johnson and Johnson – consultancy fee
- Eduardo A. Alcaino: None
- Gary Andolfatto, MD: None
- Franz E Babl, MD MPH FRACP FAAP FACEP: None
- Egidio Barbi, MD: None
- Luciane Rezende Costa, DDS, MS, PhD: Research grants from the following Brazilian foundations: Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq), Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES) e Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de Goiás (FAPEG).
- Paulo S. S. Costa, MD, PhD: Supported by the Brazilian National Research Scientific Research Council
- Douglas Carlson, M.D: None
- Joseph Cravero, MD: Director, Pediatric Sedation Research Consortium (unpaid position)
- Steven M. Green, MD: None
- Professor Marie Therese Hosey: None
- Professor Michael G. Irwin MB ChB MD DA FRCA FCAI FANZCA FHKAM: Hospira: Advisory board consulting fees, my department has received unrestricted academic support. Nothing within the last 4 years. Fresenius Kabi. I have received travel support for attending an advisory board meeting and giving a lecture on intravenous anaesthesia (propofol). My department is currently receiving academic support for a questionnaire survey on barriers to TIVA use.
- Baruch S. Krauss MD, EdM: None
- Piet Leroy, MD, PhD: None
- Daniel J. Pambianco, MD: Paion consultant
- Keira P. Mason, MD: Support from Hospira for investigator initiated studies and unrestricted educational support for conferences
- Mark G. Roback, MD: None
- Professor James Roelofse: None
- John Vargo, MD, MPH: Consultant, Paion Medical
- Vivian Yuen, MBBS, FHKAM (ANA), FHKCA, FANZCA: None