publications, policy statements, & methodology
- Procedural sedation: Providing the missing definition. Anaesthesia 2020; in press.
- An international multidisciplinary consensus statement on fasting before procedural sedation in adults and children. Anaesthesia 2020;75:374-385.
- Tracking and reporting outcomes of procedural sedation (TROOPS): Standardized quality improvement and research tools from the International Committee for the Advancement of Procedural Sedation. British Journal of Anaesthesia 2018; 120:164-172.
- Definition for the Practice of Procedural Sedation, adopted June 1, 2020
- Minimum, Required Skill Sets for Procedural Sedation, adopted March 4, 2019
- Multidisciplinary Leadership in Sedation, adopted September 17, 2016
- Defining Sedation Competencies Using Skill Sets, adopted September 17, 2016
- Preference for “Sedation Provider” Over “Non-Anesthesiologists” In Sedation Guidelines and Documents, adopted September 17, 2016
- ICAPS uses the Nominal Group Technique and the Delphi Method to formulate and update its agenda, and to achieve consensus generation on specific projects.
- This is accomplished in most circumstances specifically with sequential, anonymized questionnaires.